It is He Who created you from a single person, and made his mate of like nature, in order that he might dwell with her (in love). When they are united, she bears a light burden and carries it about (unnoticed). When she grows heavy, they both pray to Allah their Lord, (saying): “If Thou give us a goodly child, we vow we shall (ever) be grateful.”
Requirements for Marriage:
- Mutual agreement (Ijab-O-Qubul) by the bride and the groom
- Two adult and sane witnesses
- Mahr (marriage-gift) to be paid by the groom to the bride either immediately (muajjal) or deferred (muakhkhar), or a combination of both
- Legal guardian (wakeel) representing the bride
- Written marriage contract (“Aqd-Nikah) signed by the bride and the groom and witnesses by two adult and sane witnesses
- Ma’zoon-a responsible person officiating the marriage ceremony
- Marriage License from any county in Florida
Once all the requirements have been met, please contact any of the ISCF Masjids directly to set up an appointment with the Imam.
There is a space on the license for a religion based marriage, where the person officiating the marriage specifies it to be upon the Islamic faith. After the couple, the witnesses, and the Imam sign the license, the Imam mails it to the official registry and the couple receives a copy through the mail.
Muslim Social Services does not currently offer marriage match making services. There are many Islamic sites on the internet where you may post your information to help find your potential spouse. Please remember to uphold Islamic behavior and etiquette while searching for and meeting your potential spouse.
If you have found your potential spouse, please consider pre-marital counseling with one of the ISCF imams to get your marriage off to a great start. Contact the Imam of your Masjid for more information on pre-marital counseling.